Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Its a lovely Springtime



The air smells really fresh and I am greatly enjoying my spring break. We are taking it easy this week and I'm afraid next week will be hard to get back into the swing of things. Wesley and I have a great time in the mornings hanging out and working on the house, then we go and get Ayla from school, have lunch and a nap and Ayla gets some alone time with me. By the time we pick up Jared we are in the evening swing of things and that ends up being nice. Dave takes the kids to the gym and I get to make dinner ALONE! We've had dinner together as a family more often since he started working out than we ever have in our marriage. I think that is well worth the $30 a month. School is still there in the back of my mind and I have to get busy to be prepared to return next week. I have two papers to work on and the first and second weeks of April are filled with tests. The good news is that we only have about six or seven weeks of school left. The bad news is that Abby is coming the week after finals. The preparation for her coming is mostly trying to wrap up some household projects. We are painting still (I think we will be painting something forever) and there is some trim work that needs to be done. All in all I am starting to feel really comfortable in this house. We are definitly not interested in moving at this point, although the logic made sense when we first found out htat Abby was coming. I'm pretty excited about seeing the baby. Right now she is a very quiet one, she doesn't do quick jerky movements much and I am pretty comfortable considering how far along I am. I am hoping this is an indication of her laid back, easy going personality. Everyone is anticipating her arrival with varied degrees of enthusiasm. Ayla's not sure how she feels about sharing her space in her bedroom with a baby who will get into all of her things. Jared seems pretty indifferent at this point and Wesley keeps wanting to the baby through my belly button. Apprarently he watches too much tv because he wants to "watch" her. Dave and I are probably going through one of the best times of our whole marriage. We have stumbled across a great guy named Dave Ramsey. He is a talk show host on AM radio and he has written several books about money., The one we are reading ("More than Enough") is alot about having integrity and values. He really advocates communicating with your spouse about all of your money. Since Dave and I have started talking regularly and making a budget together (this combined with regular evening prayer together) has made a phenomenal difference in our relationship.

No comments: