Sunday, May 13, 2007

Nesting

Apparently, sewing really fills the nesting vibe in the last week of pregnancy. I have made 4 fitted diapers, like the fairy one, 8 prefolds, 3 blankets, wipes and have more cut to work on. I love to sew. It is so much fun. The work to produce something that has value and use is really a blessing. The blanket above has this really soft velour, the green, and the funky print cotton on top. I wanted to make some blankets that were lightweight and would work well for the summer.

This diaper has a few friends. I made 4 of these. I had five cut but I went ahead and broke down one and made it into a fleece AIO. I didn't use fleece with Wesley because it is not a natural fiber, but I had a few small pieces that were just the right size to make some newborn covers. I'm trying a few new things but mostly going with what I know. Abby will probably not be in cloth fulltime for a while. I have never done cloth with a newborn so we'll see how it goes. I still need a few more things to get set up well.

This is sewing central. I have turned my bedroom into chaos. Dave is handling it well. I like having this set up at my desk because I don't have to put it all away and I can sew like 4 or 5 wipes in a very short period of time.

2 comments:

Stine said...

Kudos to you for your cloth diapering. You are woman.

Has anyone thrown you a shower? That should be MY job... :( I wish I were there to do that.

Love you,
Stine

Unknown said...

I wish you were here too!