Sunday, October 19, 2008

Four year old boy


This picture is so indicative of what life is like when you are four. You must look up at the trees, invent reasons why you can fly and give yourself silly names. You must also use large words incorrectly and state the obvious, like "I have a green and a yellow card" in Uno. You must run from your mother every time she tries to kiss you. You then must fall on the floor in a fetal position and await her tickles. You must smile as though you are frozen in time, with no worries, fears or trials. You must shout your part into the microphone for the sacrament meeting. But most of all--under your mother's strict instruction--stay four.


Wesley's birthday party was a complete success. I spent very little time and effort besides going to Walmart and picking up the supplies. My husband extraordinaire swooped in with the two big kids the day of the party and decorated, cleaned, made the cake, picked up the balloons and filled the pinata while the two littles and I were at school. I came home to a ready party. I tell ya that guy earns his keep (I'm a little worried that when I finish school I'm going to be out of a job). The kids arrived and we played Autobots vs. Decepticons (Red Rover) and Freeze tag (although no one chased anyone). We beat the pinata, we sang Happy Birthday and we ate cake and ice cream. Everyone had fun, ate junk food and went home happy. The last few weeks have been heaven on earth in our home. Everyone has worked together, been happy and kind and I am feeling just surrounded by the people I love.

6 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

Sounds like a great time!

Jeff and Janet Kirk said...

Hard to believe he's really four. Such a little package of personality! Big kudos to Dave-your kids are so lucky to have him (and you!)
love
mom

Shaeleen Clark said...

Sounds like a GREAT party. It's amazing how fast they grow up. It's hard for me to believe that my oldest will be 9 on Friday! I'm debating having a party since Trunk R Treat is at the church that night... what do you think? Happy Birthday Wesley! Happy 4th It's a great year!

Love cousin Shae

Stine said...

What a beautiful post. A great reminder to love them as they are in the moment and cherish everything about all of those wonderful souls we spend our time with.

Jay and Lindy said...

You really made me wish I was 4 again! What a fun day!
Although I don't have kids yet, I sure can relate to you about having an awesome husband that helps out with everything. Isn't it wonderful!?!

p.s. That's a sweet hammock!

Jeff and Janet Kirk said...

Wish I could have been at the party. I love Red Rover. And I love Wesley.