"do you know the hallmark of the second-rater? It's resentment of another man's achievements"
Ayn Rand
I love this quote. I love the idea that when we are the best we can be, when we honor the divinity within us, we can appreicate and love others unconditionally. When we are insecure, or a fraud we seek to destroy the best in others so as not to face the truth within ourselves. One of the great contradictions in joy. When we are truly humble and we see God's work and glory in our lives and recognize that we are nothing, then we are truly great. We are our best selves, our best loves. As an adult I have found it difficult to understand why I should hide my joy in my learning, why sometimes I feel as though the growth I experience should be toned down. When we first moved to Texas I felt as though I needed to curb my appetite so as not to offend or injure others. That's ridiculous! When we honor who we are we give others the permission to do the same. We are children of God, with inherent talents, and individual beauty. There isn't a spirit that comes to earth that does not have this. SOme forget so much quicker than others. I am so happy to be myself. Why would I want to be someone else or have someone else's life?
No comments:
Post a Comment