I love school. My first week has gone fairly well. I ended up recieving 6 extra credit points in Sociology and learning a lot about American Indians. My professors are entities unto themselves and are fascinating to listen to and watch. I have to say I feel I am quite "old" in the realm of community college. Its been interesting to listen to the conversations in the hall and to talk with some of them. I talked to my first person for real today. A woman a little younger than me with a 3 year old and coming back after being away for a while. She was pretty cool. Her name is Jennifer. Anyway, I find myself trying not to stare so much or meet people's eyes that often. I worry they will speak to me. I haven't been in this type of social setting before. Of course, taking Sociology has made me start to think about that kind of thing.
Wesley had his first pool experience today. He did great. At first he screamed (I think the water was too cold) but then he started to get acclimated. Ayla did really well too. She let go of her death grip on one hand (big step for her) and floated with her legs. She wears the dang life jacket, I'm a little impatient with her because she's perfectly safe. I try to reassure her that I will not let her get hurt but it doesn't help. Jared is a fish. He loves the pool and slides and splashing and running :) He has no fear but does keep to the rules fairly well. He knows his limits and doesn't ever try to go somewhere he's not supposed to. I love to watch him. He does corkscrews and jumps up and down and tries to see how his body works in the water. They all three have such distinct selves already. I love it!
Dave takes his finals this weekend for his two classes. Then he will start his final class for his degree. Yeah! I'm so excited for him. He has worked so hard to complete his degree. We've had kids and moved and dealt with all kinds of things. I am so proud of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment