Wednesday, May 18, 2005

We're all but totally weaned off God, totally outside of Eden and just now the oil window is swinging shut. The erpent has tricked us into all but totally destroying Eden in a search for these castles and gardens he spun into our minds, and tricked us nto believing our minds when bent to science and logic could make us His equals. (courtesy Peaknik Blog)

This is an interesting thought. I went and read the entire post (not exactly my cup of tea but very thought provoking). This guy has some good points. That our society seems to think we have the capability to do it better, bigger, faster, more, more, more. I think there is a mistaken idea out there that human beings have the potential to do it better than God. Some people use their non belief to justify that destination, saying that there isn't a God, there isn't a creator. I think that sometimes in our effort to become enlightened we get befuddled. The truth, the real honest truth is so simple, so effortless. We are so loved that we were sent to the earth to learn, to grow and to find our own individual strength. Heavenly Father knows we have it, but He knew we needed to know it. That feeling when you have just come out of a great and challenging trial. That exhileration in looking back at something you suffered through. That is what Heavenly Father wants for us, to know that we can do it. He knows we are endowed with a divine nature. He knows that mankind is a miracle and a mystery and an amazing family. He knows all of those things and He placed us here in mortality for our good. For the benefit of each one of us. He loves us so much that He would place us in the stony ground, knowing that we could survive and that if we did and we made that choice that we would have joy. I think Heavenly Father is delighted when we make new discoveries, when we learn as a society and as individuals. I think he sees our progress (like watching your kid ride a two wheeler for the first time) and says Yeah! The thing is in order to be able to really progress, in order to achieve our potential we had have opposition. "There must needs be opposition in all things..." Opposition is one of our greatest blessings. To push against that force strengthens our muscles. I'm excited about that. So, that's what I'm thinking tonight. I'm excited about opposition.

No comments: