Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Confessions of a fabric addict

I can't believe its been a whole month since last post. I have spent way too much of my internet time drooling over fabrics. Who would have thought this would have been so engaging? Probably any of you who know me. Its a sickness :)

Todd is reporting at the MTC tomorrow. I have had a mixture of emotions. I'm so....at peace and just happy that he is out there. Its like a real step in our family for him to serve the Lord this way. I feel like things in our family have changed, become so much closer. We are all growing up. Seeing Chris find his perfect mate. Juli, finding hers. Our family has grown so much. We have all been so blessed. I find it such a contrast to the days of raging female hormones and general dysfunction. I guess, we got it out of our system then.

I am excited about planning a backpacking trip with the sibs (and parents of course if they aren't too feeble in their old age :) I've been wanting to go backpacking with my hubbie for a million years and can't think of any people I would rather share that with than my sibs and their spouses. I have been thinking about it a lot. Maybe since my a/c's out tonight and I will probably not be getting much sleep, I'll look around online a bit.

I start my next two classes tomorrow. Art Appreciation and Engl comp 2. I am really excited about these. Partly because they should be a breeze compared to the last two and partly because I feel like a real student now! Instead of an old fraud pretending to relive youth. I love school. Its such a poweful force for me to learn. Its deep in my nature and is so fulfilling. There is just nothing like sitting in a room with others who are learning. It is humbling and empowering at the same time.

No comments: