My kids are the awesomest! Jared was pretending to be a bird yesterday, the whole day. He sat in my lap and said he was in his nest. Then in the car Ayla said "Eww a bird pooped on the window" Jared said with a big grin "IT was ME!!" It was hilarious. They do so much better without the t.v. We've been cable free for about two weeks. I love it! They are playing a game with Dave while I get ready for school. Anyway, families rock!
School is going well. My classes are not that difficult. English has come as a surprise. For a two hour class I've only spent a max of about 30 minutes in there each night. It seems my teacher is not big on the two hour teaching period. I'm loving it. Art Appreciation is great. The other night we watched a film called "Doki, Doki" Its a Japanese film, made by a Texan at UCLA Berkely. How's that? It was great, really well made and very thoughtful. My teacher has introduced us to a great deal of art forms. There are some nights he calls death by slides but for the most part it really is a good overview of what's out there. We watch silent films, listen to music and look at contemporary original art. Tonight we are going to draw. Oh, the horror. I am thinking of minoring in art if I find that it suits me. I would love to teach high school art. I hated my art teacher, I would do it way better :) I feel like there are so many things to learn. Its so difficult to pick something. My first science class is in the fall. I have some trepidation about it. Science and math do not come easily to me. I think that's one reason I want to have a science degree. I would feel like it was a real accomplishment.
No comments:
Post a Comment