I made an A in my English class. Oh the joy of the end of the term. I feel like its such an accomplishment to have maintained my GPA for these 3 terms. I do have one more final to take on Thurs but I'm not that worried about it. My average in that class is way high. I did buy my books today ($350, ack!). I am surfing the web tonight to find some online. Hopefully I can return the ones I got on campus. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the fall and to having a 10 day break next week.
Jared is sooooo big. He just hops out of hte car everyday and heads into school like he is THE MAN. I love it. The first few days he was pretty nervous. I didn't go in with him on his first day. The lady in the driveway opened the door, he hopped out and never looked back. I don't know if that will haunt him forever or if he will be grateful that he learned he can do it. Who knows what scars he will carry from not being walked to class on the first day of kindergarten.
Ayla seems lonely without him. We do have Katherine this week and that has been such a joy. She is a little spitfire and doesn't miss a beat. Its fun to watch them play together because Ayla doesn't get to do girly stuff that much. Today they were kind of getting one each others nerves but I think that's because they were tired. Erin and Mike will pick them up on Fri and that will be cool.
Dave and I have hit an interesting rough patch and I feel like when we come out the end we will be over a major life hurdle. Its funny how people always joke about the 7 year itch. It seems this is one of those life milestones. Getting through the seventh year. Anyway, I have really grown as a person. Being married has been one of the greatest joys of my life. I can't imagine trying to learn all these life lessons alone. I don't know that it can be done. My connection to Jesus Christ is so much stronger. I believe that Dave and I were meant to share this journey together. Who knows what benefits we will see in 30 years. I know that I will be grateful for this time in our lives.
One more thing. As I was leaving school last night there was this beautiful sunset over in the west. There is a Mountasia fun park place as I come out of the parking lot. Underneath this amazing sky were all these people with their heads down playing mini golf. I was so struck by this irony. Above us all the time we have this wonderful manifestation of God's love. Something that can infuse the soul with peace if it is really drunken in. And all these people are finding temporary enjoyment from a little ball going in a hole. Such a stark contrast. I don't deny the importance of recreational activity but this time of year I seem to draw close to nature. Every Aug I reflect on my Anasazi experiences and I think about the wonderful blessing it was in my life. I find myself yearning to seek out the solitude of nature and find that enrichment again. This weekend I will go to the temple. The only other place on earth where Heavenly Father can dwell.
No comments:
Post a Comment