
I had my first critique on Wednesday. Unfortunatly, moving the work before spraying it makes lots of icky finger prints. I only got one comment out of the whole thing. This one guy sits back and touches his chin and says "I don't know why but it pleases me." This from a very mysterious looking young man with a barbell in his lip and a 3 day old shadow on his face. It was all very cute and interesting. Art is certainly, for someone like me, a skill to be learned. Its a way to learn to see the world and understand it in a new form. My children seem better able to do this than I can. I feel like I've been transported to an alternate universe. Its isn't like learning a new language like Biology was. This is emotional and dynamic and unique. The experience that is art is different for each individual. I am really enjoying the ride considering how incredibly demanding it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment