Friday, September 15, 2006

Two posts in one night!

Well, I must be feeling awfully chatty tonight because I decided to work out some thoughts.

There is something about the evening time that is so reflective and peaceful and makes it easier to work on creative things. I've got Joan Baez and Cat Stevens keeping me company and I'm working on really simple still life drawings. Its so quiet. The kids are asleep, Dave is trying to finish defensive driving so that he can get his paperwork to the court on time. I'm about to go and make myself a warm cup of tea. It seems I've heard quite often that many types of artists work at night. When the earth is quiet maybe its easier to hear our inner voices. I know that there is so much going on in the daytime. I can't work at school after class because there are people everywhere and I'm easily distracted. The nighttime is this interesting middle point of time. I love it. You can still decide when its nighttime. Plus, I think every mother by 5 pm is so tired and ready for that settling down time. It is the best time with my kiddos. Wesley will sit in my lap and we can read stories. Jared and Ayla will play a game or just hang out and talk with us. For some reason the dinner hour is so wicked. Its actually been better since Dave has been taking the kids to the gym with him. They play in the kids area and I can be here getting dinner ready without people coming in the kitchen asking me for food. Well, I'm off to make myself some tea. I think tonight I will have Morrocan Rooibos. I'm feeling a little sassy since my hair is sticking straight up.

No comments: