
I don't really think I warrant such an amazing guy but for some reason I got one. Considering the shortage of perfect men in the world I do admit to having some guilt over keeping this one to myself but on the other hand my children deserve the very best right? Out of all the things I screwed up in my life at least I married the one person who would love his children, treat me with dignity and respect and choose to learn and grow with me throughout our life. Dave is commited to our family and with all of the trials we have faced together have come the greatest gifts. We are learning to lean on each other without dependence, give freely without expectation. In so many ways, marriage at almost 9 years is infinitly better than at 2. Why are there so many men and women out there not willing to give the time and effort needed to created a lasting relationship. Love doesn't happen in 2 1/2 hours like the movies would have you believe. It happens line upon line, here a little and there a little. Then one day you wake up next to your knight in shining armour and realize that all this time you've invested in him and yourself has created something beautiful and cherished and sacred. I had no idea on our wedding day what this would feel like. In fact, to be totally honest I was pretty cynical about the whole affair. In the middle of moves, and death, and birth and life, we have solidified our commitment to each other. No matter what the future holds for us I am eternally grateful that I have this family right now! Our children will grow up with a solid marriage in their lives as a foundation for who they can become.
No comments:
Post a Comment