

Here are my latest drawings. The one on the left is done in charcoal and is one the best drawings I've ever done. I really enjoyed that one because I finally "got" how to introduce dimension a little bit with the shine. The one on the left is my first attempt at a bust. The torso in the picture is from a mannequin and I have to say it was a little strange to draw this. I decided to pick this particular point of view so I wouldn't have to do the face and I also realized this week that I will be in a figure drawing class sometime in the near future that employes nude models and I need to just get over it. So this is my first attempt. I made the drawing with oil pastels and I am actually quite pleased. Working with pastels is really fun and I am loving the color. There are so many ways to use it. I also added a background which I have not ever done. I usually pick a really really close up view so my drawing takes up the entire space. With the torso I was left with a lot of empty space on the right side of the drawing and that was a little bothersome. Anyway, I am really enjoying my drawing class but I haven't quite gotten into the habit of drawing at home. I really need to strengthen my skills and practice daily but I haven't. I feel the same way as I do about writing, that I can't do it around my children because it requires so much effort and thought I would neglect them. But drawing is something they enjoy watching me do and I want them to see me do it. I want them to know that its ok, whatever it looks like.
School is pretty hectic these days and I'm at the end of my day and I haven't done any work outside of school. Partly because its coming to the weekend and I just don't want to and partly because I'm so tired! Pregnancy in some ways is just one looooooong day. I am going to UNT on Sat to register for classes, take the tour, etc. I'm really really nervous and don't want to go alone. But I'm going to do it! I'm at a place of quitting or finishing and I want to finish. So, despite all of my reservations I'm going forward with faith and hoping for the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment