Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Beautiful babe




Isn't my baby sooo cute! I love it. I went in to check on him last night and this doll was laying just like this. He's so precious. Today was a really crazy day and he handled it so well. This morning my babysitter called in sick. So I thought, "Cool, free day to work at home" I thought I had an algebra test at 11 am but I wasn't sure having not been to class for the last two weeks. I was sick last Tues. and then we had a snow day so I assumed that our exam would be today. I emailed my teachers this morning to let them know what was going on. I got a ride home for Ayla for school and figured I had a couple of hours to work out a sitter for Wesley. Well, my Algebra teacher emailed me back and said there was a test in the testing center since last Tues and it was due by 11 am this morning. AHH! talk about panic. I called several people and finally got someone who said "Bring him" Bless her sweet soul. Wesley and I ran out the door, I left him crying at her door and I sped off to school. I finished my test with seconds to spare as my teacher was walking in to pick them to grade them. Whew! Talk about divine intervention saving my butt. I have learned a very important lesson. Between trips to the bathroom, let your teacher know you're sick :)

So, finals are next week and I'm trying very hard to be motivated and concerned. I'm sitting pretty well grade wise in all of my classes and its hard to put forth the best effort when I'm so ready for a break. But I'm making it work. I got a lot of work done this evening while Dave has been at bowling. So I made pizza and let the kids watch tv and eat because my drawing and design supplies are all over hte table. I am almost finished with one project and I have two more to go by Monday. I'm hoping to be totally finished with Drawing tomorrow, which leaves two comprehensive final exams next week and those two projects. Hopefully, my family will not disown me and no one will report me for having such a dirty house and dirty children. Looking around though I feel like I'm doing pretty good. I had a revelation on Sunday, midst tearful breakdown. You can eat prepackaged food! Did anyone know? I made a Stouffers chicken thingy last night, pizza tonight and then tomorrow we will be serving for the missionaries (of course gourmet) the trusted spaghetti and meatballs. It seems I have had this revelation before but always come back to being sucked into the notion that I can't ever have easy food. That I didn't really cook the meal, and granted when I make it myself it tasted infinitly better than the cardboard crap but I have too much too do and not enough time. My family is taking it well, despite my insecurities that they are talking trash about my dinner prep behind my back. After this week, I have oodles of new recipes to try,crafts to make, presents to wrap and Christmas to enjoy. Until then, its back to the books.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I do not know how you are doing it mimi. It really makes me not want to complain about just working part time and having one child. You have three, one on the way and your a full time student. Yikes. Watch out for super mom!