Everyone apparently thinks I'm nuts to go camping really pregnant but we had such a great time! Our ward has a campout every spring and we have discovered that we love to go. This year was no exception. Our dear friends who recently moved to Oklahoma called and asked if we would share a site with them. We said "Of Course!" So it happened that I slept on the ground between a few rocks while nearly nine months along. The weather was absolutely perfect and I slept surprisingly well. By the end of the evening I think I was so tired it didn't matter where the bed was. We got there fairly early in the day because Dave took off from work early so we hung out with friends, inspected bugs and played in the tents that the Dads were trying to set up. My kids, thankfully, love the outdoors and ask to camp a lot. I'm really excited for them to get older and us to be able to do more adventurous activities that involve back packs and more remote areas. I would really like my children to appreciate the earth and how valuable and beautiful it is. Jared already gets very upset when he sees litter and will always pick up one or two items when we go for a walk. Ayla and Wesley really love to be outside period and as the weather has warmed and we can be, we are outside a lot. I think this is a possible reason for our healthy immune systems.Monday, April 23, 2007
Lake Ray Roberts
Everyone apparently thinks I'm nuts to go camping really pregnant but we had such a great time! Our ward has a campout every spring and we have discovered that we love to go. This year was no exception. Our dear friends who recently moved to Oklahoma called and asked if we would share a site with them. We said "Of Course!" So it happened that I slept on the ground between a few rocks while nearly nine months along. The weather was absolutely perfect and I slept surprisingly well. By the end of the evening I think I was so tired it didn't matter where the bed was. We got there fairly early in the day because Dave took off from work early so we hung out with friends, inspected bugs and played in the tents that the Dads were trying to set up. My kids, thankfully, love the outdoors and ask to camp a lot. I'm really excited for them to get older and us to be able to do more adventurous activities that involve back packs and more remote areas. I would really like my children to appreciate the earth and how valuable and beautiful it is. Jared already gets very upset when he sees litter and will always pick up one or two items when we go for a walk. Ayla and Wesley really love to be outside period and as the weather has warmed and we can be, we are outside a lot. I think this is a possible reason for our healthy immune systems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment