


We are also not afraid of freezing cold water. The kids were ecstatic to be near a lake and couldn't stand the thought of not going in the water. It was soooo cold. April in a cool spring is not really the time you want to go swimming but we did it anyway and had a really good time. Wesley kept going in and the shivering and running out saying "its too cold." Ayla though went in all the way to her waist and kept saying through blue lips "I'm not cold." I think this was due to the fact that she was completely numb. Dave did not get in the water, preferring to stand around taking silly pictures and working on his tan. We had a picnic by the water and headed to DQ for some rockin good ice cream. By the time we got home we were so exhausted that we all took a three hour nap. It was such a peaceful and happy weekend. It makes Dave being gone this week a little easier to bear.
1 comment:
I can't say I'm too jealous of the freezing water since I was riding in style in the VanDever Greyhound Extrordinair at the time, but I'm glad you guys had a fun time! Thanks so much for making it so fun for us. We really enjoyed it!
Post a Comment