Ayla and Katherine had the time of their lives this weekend. We were all really tired from staying up too late but I think it was fun had by all (I hope). I enjoyed having my sisters here so much. Juli was here a few weeks ago and then having Erin and Rach here was so awesome. I have had family fever since Abby has been born and felt that draw to be near everyone. We are all busy, we all have full lives and its nice to be reminded how much we love each other. We spent Saturday at the mall (somethine I don't do very often) and had such a good afternoon.
Jared has asked the interesting question, "Can you teach me at home this year?" The main source of interest at first was that he believed that he could play his game cube all day instead of go to school. I immediatly explained the ropes of home school and what that would entail. He and Ayla are very excited at the prospect anyway and I am surprised by this. Our society has this idea that if your child wants to be at home with their family at a young age instead of with their peers that this is somehow not normal. I think it is absolutely wonderful that my children feel safe, loved and challenged enough at home to want to be here fulltime. We have family units for a myriad of reasons as my anthropology teacher would tell you. For organization, for effective government, etc etc. But the reality is that the family is ordained by God for the edification and strength of those who are a part of it. The best place to learn, to mature and to gain a testimony is in the home. I'm excited at the prospect of being a more effective teacher and leader in my children's lives. Whether they stay home or not.
3 comments:
What fun to have all the family there. We are too getting very excited to see all of you and spend some time. Happy birthday Ayla. I have something coming to her for her b-day. But just like me, it will be late. Love you all!
Hi Mimi! Glad to hear that you and Abby are well. I didn't even know you were pregnant until I overheard my mom say, "Mimi had a baby and I didn't even know she was pregnant!"
I am hoping that all these blogs help us stay in touch better. It probably doesn't hurt that Chris and Mandi live over here as well.
In case you were wondering our blog is at http://www.ryan-and-jenn.com. Good luck with #4! That seems like such a big family but then again we are already on #2...
Ryan
Thanks for your comments. I'm so glad you guys stopped by. I read your blogs regularly but don't comment much because my hands are full of babies.
Post a Comment