
This is the one that Jared did on his own. I drew the shape with the black and he filled in the colors. I really liked his choice of colors and he was so into smearing the chalk. He enjoyed getting his fingers dirty the most I think.

Spirals have been appearing in my path this weekend so I have started making my own. This pic is a little crooked because I was taking pics in a hurry. I started this one just making the movements, the roundness is very soothing and pretty soon I got into a groove. Jared came over and started helping me. At first, it was hard to hand over my doodle and let him "color" on it but I did it and then we ended up having such a good time. This one is really earthy and I will try some others with more earthy colors. The inspiration was an artist at a fest we went to on Sat. He had these enormous copper looking platters with spirals, the spirals followed the curve of the platter. They were absolutely beautiful. Then, we saw spirals in a couple of books, as we have gone out they have appeared. I am going to investigate this further. Mathmatically they are very interesting and the golden ratio appears in nature spiral forms. They have been used as symbols since age memorial but my favorite natural shape is a spiral galaxy. Not just ours but others have unique spiral form. They are so moving to look at.
No comments:
Post a Comment