Sunday, July 08, 2007

Missing teeth

Its hard to tell here but Ayla finally lost her first tooth. She was so excited because it happened to be just a few days after Jared lost one of his. I have to say that the idea of teeth just falling out of your head grosses me out a little bit. It makes sense to me, I understand the need for it, however its a little grotesque. They are quite a pair though. Jared has such an awkward smile that just makes me smile. Their growth and change is always bittersweet. On the one hand, we would just be totally bored staying the same and being greatly immature our whole lives without growing. On the other hand, I just love every second of their being.
Jared, here, is caught in one of his rare Abby interest moments. He is not entirely nuturing in the same way that Ayla is. He touches her and he talks about her but he doesn't have the same desire to care for her that Ayla does. I find their personalities quite interesting in this way.

No comments: