Friday, August 17, 2007
The big question
I keep coming back to this question of who am I going to be when I grow up. I thought mother would be enough but all these other things keep butting in trying to make themselves heard. Something I've thought about my whole life is being a writer. Here lately that is coming up so often. I have had a strong desire to work and to be effective in my writing. So, I'm plunging into an unknown world of just writing. I want to affect people, to encourage and uplift and to make people think. I went to the library the other day and was giddy with the idea that my name could be there somewhere. It could be the fame and the glory or maybe I could convince myself that I have altruistic ideals. In any case, I've found a few contests to enter so we'll see what comes of it. It constantly feels like I have more on my plate than I can accomplish in a day so maybe writing will be one of those things that still has to wait. I'm off to bed because sleep is not one of those things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment