Saturday, August 11, 2007

Long Week

It has been a wonderful, exhausting and sad week. SO much has happened. I'm so tired. Dave being gone has been very stressful. I'm so ready for him to come home. He is so important to my emotional well being. I just really miss him. We went to the memorial service for Granpa Jim on MOnday night. I heard wonderful stories about him from his brothers I had never heard. My Aunt Cathy spoke about him. I'm so grateful that we went, that I was able to share in remembering my sweet Granpa. I went to a hotel, where Abby slept 7 hours, hallelujia. The kids and I had fun. We went to my Grandma's house the next day, intending to go to Juli's Tuesday night. My grandma invited us to stay the night with her. I enjoyed them (her and Uncle Phil) so much. We had a wonderful visit, I didn't want to leave! Phil told my kids all kinds of great stories. Grandma just made me feel good. I feel so loved when I am with my mom's family. It is so much a part of me to be there.

From there we drove to Houston to stay at Erin's. We stayed Wed night and we headed to Dayton(half way to my mom's) to meet Jess. She picked up Jared, Ayla, Cassidy and Katherine for Gram's camp. I'm excited for them to spend the weekend with their grandparents. I feel really strongly about our family staying close and having a relationship. They love their cousins, aunts and uncles and grandparents. This will help to anchor them in the world. They will know who they are as they get to know them. I feel that this generational love is a powerful strength in becoming who the Lord has intended us to be.

So, yesterday Erin and I went and worked out together, we took the kids to the pool and then last night we went to watch Hairspray! It was so much fun. We enjoyed the movie and I have loved hanging out with her. We invited Juli but she had other plans. This morning Erin took me to a Nia class. It was so much fun! I'm going to try to find a Nia class close to me. It is very much about honoring who you are, learning how to move in a way that makes you find joy.

4 comments:

Mandi said...

Mimi-

Sounds like a very fun week. I have wanted to see hairspray but cannot get Chris to take me. I will have to talk my sister into going. Gram camp sounds fun. We will have to shop Peyton off to that every year when she gets older. Miss you guys. Lots of love!

April said...

Hey Mimi! Erin finally started her blog so I found you on hers, yeah!

The Gallands said...

I love you so much! It was an awesome week! Tiring, emotional, hard but awesome! How was the Nia class at your place?

Unknown said...

Nia rocks. Send me a link to your blog!