I just wanted to take a minute and make a little list of the things I'm grateful for:
1. My knowledge of the big picture. It helps me to see things from an eternal perspective, which is a valuable treasure.
2. My marriage. We are closing in on ten years of being together and I cannot fathom the wreck my life would be without him. He is a teacher, provider, friend. I am grateful every day that I was blessed with such gifts in the man I married.
3. My children. Each of them possesses a powerful spirit that uplifts me and hones my spirit to become better. They are worth more to me that even I understand.
4. Friends. I have been richly blessed in the people I associate with. I have sisters by blood who know me and who have walked their entire lives with me. I'm grateful that they listen and that they care for me. I have sisters by choice who give their thoughts to my welfare. They are not bound by any obligation to be my friends but they give their love willingly and I am so grateful for that. I have brothers who have only recently begun to be friends. I look forward to many years of learning together.
5. My parents. I have been reading my past journals. I hated having parents but I loved it at the same time. I wrote about poem about my mother who "brings joy to the home" They have given so much of their lives for my growing. I took a lot and hope that I can give as much to my own children.
6. My talents and intellect. I love school! Those of you who know me well know that my mind does not have an off switch. I have been in pursuit of that which is virtuous, lovely, of good report or praiseworthy. I'm grateful I have that ability and understanding.
7. My history. I'm glad that I was trusted enough to handle trials and to overcome them. I know that the things I have experienced have shaped who I am and I am not ashamed of that, but blessed.
8. The scriptures. As I read secular books, immerse myself in the philosophies of men I have come to rely heavily on the power of the word of God. It is in every respect uplifting and healing to jump into the pages of history and hear the Lord's voice to the people.
9. Luxury. I may not live as high as some but I feel incredibly grateful that I have the luxury of flushing toilets, heat and a/c and an efficient kitchen in which to prepare meals for my family. In some ways I still wish I could live simpler, quieter. For now, I'm grateful for the technology I have access to and the things it enables me to do.
10. One of my favorite things is a hot cup of healing herbal tea on a cold night. Fall and the time of reflection and grace that comes with the change of the seasons is a blessing and a gift.
I hope all have a day of thanks. We all have much to be grateful for.
1 comment:
Beautiful! I love you and I'm thankful for you today!
Post a Comment