Here are just a couple of pics. I was too busy gabbing to take too many.
Wesley is wearing one of the girl's hats. It was so cute to see him running about the backyard looking like a cossack.So, I was making my Grandma's pie recipe the other night (its my all time favorite) and I had horrible pangs of missing my family. I wasn't even sure I could finish what I was doing. I was overwhelmed with how much I want to see everyone and be close, in proximity and in spirit. It is hard to make the decision to stay home for the holidays when I could've been in Houston or San Antonio with family. I know we made the right choice but it was still hard to make.
The upside to that is that since I couldn't be with my family I got to be with my best friend. Karin and I had made a sort of pact that if neither of us was traveling for the holidays then we would have Thanksgiving together. I am so grateful that we spent the day yesterday with them. We got there early in the day and had some delicious appetizers (if I do say so myself, that was one of my contributions). Then we put the babies down for a nap and watched some football and laid around lazily. We had a gorgeous dinner and right near the end of dinner snow started to fall. Karin and I just sat at the table and talked and enjoyed the peaceful quiet sounds of full bellies and snowfall. We were there until 10:30 so we have really been dragging today but it was worth it. Dave and Mark get along, our kids get along. Its fantabulous! Having family friends is one of the coolest things ever.
3 comments:
Mimi, you are always so insightful. We missed you all too and since we had spent the last two Thanksgiving's with the Kirk side and in Texas it was very different to be back in CA with my family. Don't get me wrong, I love being with my fam too, but I missed you all too. I missed camping, that was so much fun, and I missed the house full of kids. Peyton was all alone and I am sure she would have loved playing with all her cousins now that she is getting so big.
So glad you had such a nice time. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. I love your gratitude entry too - makes me remember I need to take more time to be thankful. Thanks for always keeping me so grounded.
I missed you too but I was grateful to be with just our family. Wed. katherine asked if tomorrow was Thanksgiving. When I told her yes her first reaction was that she couldn't wait to see her cousins. I felt sooo bad having to tell her she couldn't. Hope we get to see you at Christmas!
Post a Comment