Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A national comversation about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

With quite a bit of free time on my hands this week before school begins, I have found myself drawn into the presidential race. I think that deep down I love politics and the inner workings of democracy but often get distracted or too emotional to participate. I have been inspired by many writers, member and nonmember alike, in seeking define for the public what our beliefs are. Most recently I watched a talk given by M. Russell Ballard expressing the need to join a national conversation about the church. I feel strongly that the value of print and other media are a necessary and wonderful tool to discuss secular and spiritual knowledge for the benefit of all who have a desire to learn. I am amazed at the vast wealth of availability to the common person, who has little money or power to wield considerable influence. I am hoping to join in this national conversation about the church. I don't often have the time to devote to discussion as I would like (especially given that I love to talk). This blog has been a way for me to expend that energy and to commit to sharing what I know to be true through the printed word. So, the next time you stop by my blog I may have a great story to share, a thought provoking topic to write about or a portion of my testimony. I hope that I can follow Elder Ballard's wise counsel and contribute to the building of bridges with members and nonmembers alike.

No comments: