Friday, March 07, 2008

Spring Snow

Look at the size of those flakes. Yesterday was so weird! When we headed out in the morning to take the kids to school I had to make them go inside and grab their jackets. It was in the 60's the day before. At about 2 pm I looked out the window as I headed in to start getting the babies ready to get J and A to school and lo and behold, SNOW. Big snow, lots of snow. It was coming down so hard I started to wonder if I would be able to go the one mile to get the kids. We were able to get there and back with only one slide (at a stop sign) but no incidents. I felt so bad for the kids who were walkers and who were headed out in shorts. No doubt their parents were unaware of the seriousness of the storm as well. When we got home everyone suited up to go out and play. They threw snow balls at each other, ate the snow and ran around making footprints. When I made everyone come in, after about an hour, we had homemade donuts and hot chocolate. It was so fun! Thankfully, my class this morning was canceled and I spent a nice quiet day at home while my kids went to school. Thanks UNT!

1 comment:

Jeff and Janet Kirk said...

Where are Ayla's teeth? Love you. It looks a good time.