Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My brain hurts

I need a little blog love. My brain is tired, it is screaming at me to stop shoving stuff into it. However, I love the french language. I love language period. Linguistics has been absolutely fascinating. Understanding how some rules are formed is so interesting and I have enough familiarity with two languages to be able to "get" more of it. I also just love all things french. Who knew? I keep uncovering things about myself. I didn't spend alot of time figuring out who I was when I was younger. I was very spontaneous and flighty and didn't take enough time to decide who I wanted to be. I have found that the journey to study and learn academic knowledge has led me to so much more. I understand so much more about the world, myself, people. Academics is also just a perfect fit for me! Birkenstocks, new age and the weirdness of being Mormon is just enough for me to not be able to fit in anywhere else. I also really enjoy sharing this stuff with my kiddos. Wesley loves "Oui Oui" known in the US as Noddy but we like his french self so much better. My kids are learning too that learning is something that is worth a lot of time. They are infinitly more patient with me than they should be. This summer is going better than I thought it would. However, I'm still counting the days until its over. I went to meet with my advisor this morning to make sure I would have enough of the right credits to graduate. Pending any major disasters (like failing something) I will be walking across a stage in honor of completing my degree in the spring. The nearer it comes the more excited and blessed I feel. So grateful for this experience. Grateful there is a place in the world for my talents and that the Lord has guided my experiences so that I could make the most of them. I think I'm going to study some Linguistics and go to bed. Je suis faitguée!

1 comment:

Jeff and Janet Kirk said...

So proud, as only a mother could be! Rest my dear for tomorrow brings more joy. I love you for always.
mom