For some reason, I finish school before everyone else does. I have a final exam tomorrow. I have a discussion board post due this evening. Its almost 10 pm and I haven't even cracked a book yet tonight. Nor will I. I don't know why this happens to me. I guess, I figure I learned it all, its all right up there in my noggin'. If I can't remember tomorrow I didn't learn it very well did I? Really I just run out of steam. I don't have the stamina to stay with it. This is one of the reasons I dropped out of high school more than once. I'm ready to start something new. Begin, begin, begin, that's my motto. I used to lament over not finishing things. I have found that calling it a journey rather than a destination has eased much of my begin-guilt. However, things still need to get finished. Like the book, I'm forever writing and never making progress on. It can't make any money in my head. Like the garden that is forever being overrun by more diligent things than myself (like weeds). College may actually be one of the first major events of my life that I actually FINISH. It is going to take a miracle, a hundred miracles, to get me to the end.
Then, again it took that many or more to get me this far.
3 comments:
Is there anything I can do while you are doing your finals? Or do you need a day at the pool once you are done? I am leaving out of town on Tuesday, but maybe Monday? Please call or send me an email or something!
I'm so very proud of you for this! And love the thought of what you will begin once you have finally finished.
You got the grit to finish, for sure. But I'm like you; I love hopping to a newer, more exciting projects even though I have so many unfinished ones.
Post a Comment