Sunday, November 09, 2008

I'm definitly a Libra


God's World
by Edna St. Vincent Millay

O world, I cannot hold thee close enough!
Thy winds, thy wide grey skies!
Thy mists that roll and rise!
Thy woods, this autumn day, that ache and sag
And all but cry with colour! That gaunt crag
To crush! To lift the lean of that black bluff!
World, World, I cannot get thee close enough!
Long have I known a glory in it all,
But never knew I this;
Here such a passion is
As stretcheth me apart. Lord, I do fear
Thou'st made the world too beautiful this year.
My soul is all but out of me, let fall
No burning leaf; prithee, let no bird call.



While taking a brief sojourn in the hammock last Wednesday, Wesley, Abby and I discussed some heavy philosophical question that were weighing upon their minds. I had only fifteen minutes to snuggle them and kiss them before I had to run out the door. I knew I had to make it count. We swung and talked and tickled and I enjoyed the fresh beauty around me. When Wesley asked a very important question: "What is a footock?" *giggle* "I'm not sure I know" I answered with my most serious face. "It sounds uncomfortable." At this point, I don't know who laughed first but we were peeling. Once he could get some words out: "footear" *giggle* "footnose" *giggle some more* "footock, footock, footock" Oh yeah, time well spent.

No comments: