- I made straight A's this last semester. It is a straight up miracle. I feel like I barely squeaked by but apparently my late nights and hard prayers paid off.
- After finals I had a three or four day mental vacation.
- Enter the week of Christmas. Tragedy in our ward, presents, Christmas dinner and then I left to go to Arizona for five days.
- The Arizona trip was AWESOME. My sweet brother was married to his eternal companion in the Mesa temple on Sat Dec. 27. It was such a privilege and an honor to participate in that event. My brothers have both been married in the temple and I have been able to attend both weddings. They are such a wonderful example to me. Their love for their wives is so precious and I'm just overjoyed for Todd that he has started this journey. He and his bride were just radiant. Everything went pretty smoothly (that I could see) and we had the most delightful time.

Another incredible blessing from this weekend was the sister time. I can't remember the last time I had the opportunity to hang with these ladies without our kids, without distractions. Well, Rachel was a little distracted but overall I had some major sister love. Erin and I shared a hotel room and by a lucky twist of fate Jessi, Rach and my mom were right next door. I just really enjoyed their company. Sharing make up and clothes and just chillin'. There is such a special bond between sisters. Jessi and Rachel didn't grow up with me around and I feel so grateful to have had an opportunity to share their sweet spirits. Rachel returned from her mission just a few days before the wedding and I'm sure she was feeling more bewildered than she showed. I'm so glad that she was there. Jessi, Rachel and I were able to participate in the temple ordinances for our grandmother and create some very precious memories that I will carry close to myheart.

So that was our December. Noteworthy to say the least. There were other things like building gingerbread men, taking goodies to the neighbors and just resting and playing together. But those stories will be told some other time.
3 comments:
sounds like a wonderful December! Miss you all!
SO fun! I am glad you got to see your family and the picture of you and your sisters is SO darn cute!
I love you girls so much. I wish we could be together more. Dad
Post a Comment