Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It is finished

I've been thinking about how dramatic that statement, made by the Savior at the end of His life. While my experience this semester isn't even close to the sacrifice he made, I certainly feel as though I've passed through my own Gesthemene. That's kind of dramatic, I know but about mid-way through this spring I seriously, nearly quit. It seemed so dark and formidable to try to finish, to get to the end where I could breathe. However, when I turned in my final seminar paper today I felt such a gratitude for the staying power to see it through. That power certainly didn't come from any source within. I know I've been hugely blessed. I feel this sort of urging, the Spirit walking with me and teaching me what I really can do. That feeling is so enlarging and changes the way I see the world everyday. Education, for women especially, has enormous transforming power. It encourages self-confidence, creates tolerance and understanding and enables the doctrines of Christ to be better utilized by making its recipients more self reliant.

So, now that that is complete the next list of to do's is upon me.
Tomorrow: typhoid shot, baking Abby's birthday cake and playing at the park briefly.

Friday: shopping for good shoes, Costco and menu planning (might do this Thurs), date night, birthday party prep (goody bags, decorations, decorate the cake, wrap presents and finish game prep).

Saturday: Abby's princess party, Ayla's nail date with Mom, Wesley date, cleaning, prepping food for meals while I'm gone, reading for class on Mon, getting Secretary business in order for the sub and pre-packing laundry and check list

Sunday: Family and priesthood blessing

Monday: Immersion class all day, learn to say Hello etc in Arabic

Tuesday morning: exit United States.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

You are supermom. I constantly envision you in the costume from the kids little dress-up party in your daily routines. =)

I love you and you never cease to impress me with your insights on the spirit in your life.
I love you. Please don't die in Africa.

Erin said...

You are FIERCE :)and I agree iwth jessi....please don't die in Africa.

Ethan and Anna said...

OMG! I just read your blog, and you are leaving on Tuesday!!!! Ok, my advice: do not talk to strange men there. They might kidnap you. Be aware of where you are at all times, don't wander off by yourself...aaaand TAKE PICTURES!!!! ;-)))) Oh, you just made CO reunion so much more exciting, because you will have so much to tell. Love ya!