Thursday, July 08, 2010

Lost camera

Well, I'm happy to report that our family vacation has, in most ways, been a roaring success. Unfortunately, I discovered yesterday that I left my camera in the Dune Parking Lot and never found it. So I cannot give you stunning views of the tallest dunes in the US or of my awesomely crazy family doing cool things like white water rafting, hiking or enjoying our wonderful talent show. Hopefully, my siblings on the sidebar will treat us to a video of Kirknak, the great. Today, we hiked up a rocky trail to a creek, then crossed the creek, which was more like a shallow river, to a cave. Inside the cave was Zapata Falls. A beautiful waterfall that had made its way through a small crevasse in the rock and was bursting into the cave. For the last eight days I have slept, eaten, played and shivered outdoors. I have watched the stars turn slowly in the sky, seen deer and other animals and hiked a giant sand dune. It was in that waterfall that I finally felt connected to God. I had started to think I lost my touch. I used to find the Spirit in every living thing. Perhaps, because of the needs of my family, or my discomfort I found it difficult to feel that connection like I usually do. Under the cool mist of that waterfall I remembered.

2 comments:

Ethan and Anna said...

Oh, Mimi, I am so glad we got to see you all after all this time!!!! I wish we could talk more. Abby won us all over ;-)

MuralMama said...

Love it. Am missing you big. Sucks about the camera.