Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hooray!

So my camera wasn't lost after all. It was just buried at the bottom of a bag.

The misfit crew that got to spend every waking minute together. I'm amazed at how well everyone got along. It was so cool to see Ayla and Katherine enjoying their time together. I'm so grateful that all the kids were good to each other.

It was also cool to spend most of my waking time with my family. Erin and I have spent a lot of time nurturing our relationship. I'm grateful for her. I'm grateful that our families play a role in each other's lives. Going to the Sand Dunes together was one of the funnest things I've ever done. I love having her be with me through my hardships and my joys. She is a true friend. I also am enjoying developing relationships with the other members of my family. We feel like we are two different families sometimes. As Rach, Todd and Jess get older, I am just basking in their friendship. Not to mention cousins who are talented, funny and a joy to be around. I love having them in my life and every time we get together I count them among my greatest blessings.

My parents told us to stop and see this waterfall. Treasure Falls. Its on the way to the Sand Dunes. We pulled over and hiked uphill to this beautiful place. My mom and dad taught us to love nature. To see God in His creations. They took us to the mountains, they showed us the stars and they instilled in us a love for the earth. I hope to continue that legacy. If nothing else good came of this vacation, I hope my children have an appreciation for the land they were born in. For the blessings of beauty and light and space that we have here. We have access to some of the most beautiful parts of the planet right here in our own country. I'm grateful my parents gave me that gift and that we can share it as our family grows.

1 comment:

The Gallands said...

I love love love you too! My post was not nearly this cool. Guess that's why you're the writer. You can put the best feelings into words. We had a GREAT time!