I think about Yelapa a lot because it was such a quiet place of solace for me. It was a grand escape, like I have never had in my life. I have thought in recent weeks about my desperate need to be alone, all the way alone. I spent a lot of my childhood feeling very overwhelmed with all the people in the house. I wanted to be left alone. I still do. There are times when I crave the stillness of my own heartbeat. Especially when there is a lot of stress in my life. I would meditate, I would search the scriptures, I would pray, but there are very few times when that is even possible. I try to get up before the kids because I love the early morning hours but Wesley beats me up 9 times out of 10. On those rare occassions I do get up before him I have such a good day for the rest of the day. I am so comfortable in my skin, so happy and contented because I have had that time to commune with myself and with God. I've never been a person who craved companionship so much and I'm afraid I am not a very good friend because of that. I crave solitude. Too much of it is unhealthy and feeling alone in the middle of a crowd is really hard. It is a delicate balance trying to meet my own needs and the needs of those I am called to serve. The unfortunate thing is that when I finally have my needs met my children will not need me as much and I will be sad that they are so independant and leaving me. I have dreams (that are still waiting their turn :) of being able to write full time, of having the quiet of my own thoughts and the time and energy to mold them and express them eloquently. So, I'm spending a lot of mental time hanging out in my dream world and trying to have joy in the real one.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Ahh...
I think about Yelapa a lot because it was such a quiet place of solace for me. It was a grand escape, like I have never had in my life. I have thought in recent weeks about my desperate need to be alone, all the way alone. I spent a lot of my childhood feeling very overwhelmed with all the people in the house. I wanted to be left alone. I still do. There are times when I crave the stillness of my own heartbeat. Especially when there is a lot of stress in my life. I would meditate, I would search the scriptures, I would pray, but there are very few times when that is even possible. I try to get up before the kids because I love the early morning hours but Wesley beats me up 9 times out of 10. On those rare occassions I do get up before him I have such a good day for the rest of the day. I am so comfortable in my skin, so happy and contented because I have had that time to commune with myself and with God. I've never been a person who craved companionship so much and I'm afraid I am not a very good friend because of that. I crave solitude. Too much of it is unhealthy and feeling alone in the middle of a crowd is really hard. It is a delicate balance trying to meet my own needs and the needs of those I am called to serve. The unfortunate thing is that when I finally have my needs met my children will not need me as much and I will be sad that they are so independant and leaving me. I have dreams (that are still waiting their turn :) of being able to write full time, of having the quiet of my own thoughts and the time and energy to mold them and express them eloquently. So, I'm spending a lot of mental time hanging out in my dream world and trying to have joy in the real one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment