Monday, September 17, 2007

Pics

Jared and Ayla have discovered the love of climbing trees. Ayla , in particular, said "I feel so good up there." I think she really felt the wonder of being high in a living thing. Jared liked it too and wanted more to challenge her I think. This was a really fun school day. I felt like this was what they were home for. To be children, to laugh and to play together. I hope we still have that to some extent. I've learned a lot about myself as a mother in the last month. I have learned that my personality does not mesh with each of my children the same. I have learned that they have such strength and character in their little souls. I have learned that I love them more than I thought was possible. I thought I knew it but I have a deeper appreciation of what that means.
Their smiles are so contagious. When we are just laughing and having fun I feel so light. I honestly don't know if Ayla learned anything academic this last month, but I know we learned about each other and we strengthened our family. That's enough for me. I hope they know how much I will miss them as they grow up. Jared sometimes says he doesn't want to go on a mission because he doesn't want to leave me. Maybe they do know that the time we have together is so limited. This stage of our lives so fast. I have Jared for just a little while longer. I hope I can make the most out of our time together.

1 comment:

The Gallands said...

It is so fast- too fast. In the span of a lifetime the time we get with them is sooo short.