
Jared and I had a field trip on Friday. It was really hot and sticky but a very good time. This picture is taken at the biggest cabin on the property. It was the end of our trip to the pioneer days. We were outside on this long porch and Jared was able to wash a little rag using a washboard in a basin. He hauled the water with a bucket. He thought it was really cool. Its so ironic that it is a novelty to work hard like a pioneer. I hope my children do not grow up thinking that hard work is something they do on occassion for fun.

Isn't he handsome? Spending time with him has been such a joy. I have really felt that our relationship has grown. We have had growing pains to go with it, of course. He gets very upset when I ask him to do things but I know what his price is. I have also tried to be respectful. When I am respectful, and a good model of this, he is much more respectful of me. I have really been impressed with how powerful my example is. Jared is going through a lot of changes as he approaches eight. I hope that this three months will be an important part of his life.
1 comment:
He's grown so much since this summer! So handsome!!!
Post a Comment