6 boxes of Rice A Roni ($6.00)
3 boxes of Tuna Helper (4.98)
4 boxes of Fruit snacks (5.00)
2 boxes of Brownie Mix (4.00)
2 cans of Hormel Veggie Chili (1.96)
1 bag Baked Ruffles (3.00)
1 pack paper plates (2.50)
3 boxes of Green Giant Veggies (4.60)
1 loaf of Oroweat bread (2.50)
Total before coupons: about $35
After manufacturers and store coupons : $18.03
The deal was buy 25 items and recieve a $20 coupon back. My transaction only yielded a $10 coupon. (I have read others are having this same trouble). I took my receipt and stuff up to Customer Service and she gave me $10 cash back since I didn't get the full amount that was supposed to print. SO....Tom Thumb paid me $1.97 to take this stuff off their hands. I'm not sure what else I will buy with my $20. I need formula so I will pick that up this evening. However, this weekend I will head back to Tom Thumb with the new coupons that come out on Sat and try to make it work for me again. You can do this as many times as you like and if you use Manufacturer coupons it works really well. So I'm staying really well on budget for my two weeks. This last month I have been able to save over $100 just from being on a cash budget and working the coupon deals. I feel really blessed to have found sites that help me to learn how to stretch our dollars. This will help up to pay off our debt and be more financially free.
5 comments:
WHOOOOO HOOOOOO You are rockin my sister! I'm going to Randall's this weekend. Even though it's kind of far it's worth the trip for savings like these!
So i really want to give this whole thing a try. I just don't know how to begin! We're a poor married college couple who really needs to save any extra money possible!
You guys are so thrifty. We are going to have to learn this stuff we get into our house. Groceries are so expensive in CA. I miss HEB. We need your gmail sign in for your blog so we can add you to our reader list!
Grocery Game is all the rage among my mom friends. It's amazing how much money people save. I'm just glad we have Trader Joe's, which thankfully is a lot cheaper than Vons/Safeway, Ralphs, etc. Groceries are just ridiculously expensive these days.
I'm laughing to see multiple posts about Cap'n Crunch and Fruity Cheerios. I won't forgive you for getting your mother all worked up about coupons.
Post a Comment