Friday, February 20, 2009

My Husband Rocks

Well, I was chastised today for not posting lately. A lot has happened in our house the last few months. However, Erin was right when she said I really needed to post on my husband. Seriously, I could write books and books about this man and it would never add up to what an amazing person he is. Lately I have been short sighted, focused on his faults. I haven't seen the moments of our eleven years together and how they have added up to something so beautiful, so precious, that I might not be able to ever adequately express it. I don't have any specific moments (that's the prompt over at KatyLin's I suppose I should be a better record keeper. But the moments add up to big things. Those are the things that carry us over our near sightedness and help us to see the eternal picture. So the big things that my husband rocks at:

1. He forgives me. All the little things....and especially the big things. This may have been one of the biggest blessings I have ever received from another human being.

2. He believes in me. There is no question in his mind that I can accomplish anything. He is my biggest cheerleader. Everyday that I am down and that I struggle he picks me up, he dusts me off and says "Don't worry, you can do it."

3. He is an amazing father. The children adore him. They scream when he comes home, they tackle him. He listens to them. He looks them in the eye and he would do anything for them.

There are a million other things. Little tiny things that are often so small I forget them. I have been reminded in the last couple of weeks how valuable those moments are. Every time he smiles at me when I have a bad day, he adds to #2. Every time he kisses a booboo or he changes a diaper he puts another thread in the rope of our family. And every time I screw up he loves me anyway. That's why my husband rocks.

2 comments:

Ethan and Anna said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

The Gallands said...

Yeah Dave!