Sunday, May 24, 2009

The First Week

I have been on cloud nine. I have been happy, more relaxed, excited to start the summer. I hit a bit of a wall today. I feel like the adrenaline of graduation is wearing off and I have to completely readjust to a whole new schedule. My kids have been just a joy. We have been to the pool, for walks, working in the garden and just hanging out watching tv. I want to do so much stuff. Sometimes its hard to pare down my ideas. Here are a few that are swimming around:
1. Garden: this is a top priority. I can't wait till mid-July when things are blooming and expanding.
2. Redecorate: I need some color. I think I am done with my mono-chromatic period.
3. Write: I have some story ideas that I want to finish. I also have some non-fiction pieces that need to be refined. I am working on a project to submit to the Mayborn Non-fiction Writers Conference in July.
4. Family History: I have mucho scrapbooking to do. I want to finish the albums I have uncompleted. Then I would like to learn digital scrapbooking.
5. Play: This is the most important requirement of the summer. I want to play. Go to the duck park, go to the pool, have fairy tales on the flying carpet, paint, bubbles, and laughing and music. I need to play. My kids need to play. My husband needs to play. This is the heart of summer and why I cannot ever have a real job. I need summers off to play.

I'm glad I still have almost two more weeks till everyone gets out of school. I need to redefine myself as a stay at home mom with a husband in college. We have three months of this self before I become the graduate student mom married to a graduate student husband. We will need all the summer we can get.

1 comment:

RACHEL said...

i like your list...i need one of those, especially the part about PLAYING!