Tuesday, June 02, 2009
More on the aftermath of graduation
I have been so busy! I'm shocked at how much I have to do. Talking to a friend the other day (who dropped her summer class) she said, "now I won't have school as an excuse not to do stuff" That's how I feel. I want to RSVP for everything, volunteer for projects and be a part of my sister's special wedding day. Not to mention redecorating Ayla's bedroom for her birthday, finishing an essay for submission and working on scholarship essays, reorganizing my kitchen cabinets, beefing up our food storage and working in the garden. Whew! There are so many things to do and not always the time to do it all. This is a lesson I think I have to learn and repeat, learn and repeat. I really value the principle of focus. Dave Ramsey talks about being Gazelle Intense. This principle is one that fuels successful people. They don't get distracted from their goals. My problem is narrowing the goals down enough to really focus on them. Shannon Hale talks about setting daily writing goals. I was reading a post by her the other day and realized it is important to be specific about what I need in my life. She needs to write (consequently so do I) so she makes a word limit goal for herself everyday or every week. Its such a powerful way to be self motivated. Its the reason The Biggest Loser works, the reason that temple worship works. Focusing your intent, time, and power on a specific and tanglible goal allows you to put all of your energy there. This ALWAYS produces results. Now back to that narrowing down.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The gazelle is so intensely focused because the lion is hiding in the weeds. Love, Dad
can u rite more?
Post a Comment