The whole area is totally frozen over. Its been a fairly comfortable snowy week for us but we all have a bit of cabin fever. I'm amazed at the pioneers who endured so much worse and for a much longer period of time. However, I'm not that tough honestly. I have books open on my kitchen table which I periodically venture over to to read for a while. I had a wonderful friend invite my girls over for a play date so I was able to work on my thesis, read for my class Monday and take a nap. However, even the thought of going grocery shopping just makes my toes cold. I have also decided that cold is exhausting. It sort of leeches your body of reserves. I could sleep all day long (and eat, don't even get me started on the food thing). Our workout schedule has been slightly disrupted and the kid's brains are oozing out of their ears from all the video games.
Despite all of the snow business, I have had some great experiences this week. We had a lovely family home evening on Tuesday night in front of the fireplace. Dave has been home more this week and Ayla's arm is, thankfully, not totally broken. We also braved the freeways last night to go to the baptism of my best friend's son. It was an amazing evening. This young man is almost fourteen years old. He has waited six years trying to decide if the church was right for him. A pair of missionaries in the ward came at the right time, took him on splits and taught him about missionary work. The room was standing room only as the youth came to support their friend. I was so touched to see how this ward has wrapped their arms around this kid. Their family has had some hardships recently and they have found so much hope in the gospel. I'm so glad we were able to go safely and feel the Spirit of the baptism.
No comments:
Post a Comment